This post is sponsored by GUARDIAN TECHNOLOGIES but the opinions and thoughts expressed here are my own.
Did you know that the air INSIDE of your home is dirtier than the air OUTSIDE of your home? I found this hard to believe at first, since my home is my safe haven – the place where I raise my children. It never dawned on me that these walls would also naturally trap unwanted, “dirty” elements in our air. But it’s true! The EPA estimates that indoor air is two to five times dirtier than outdoor air — and even up to 100 times dirtier in some cases.
Well, gross. Between pets, pollen, dust, germs, odors and other particles and pollutants, considering an air purifier to clean and enhance the air quality in your own home is definitely worth a look at.
I am really excited to share the air purifier I got from Guardian Technologies. We have had it for a few weeks and have been using it consistently in our family room. Our model is the GermGuardian® AC5250PT 3-in-1 Air Purifier with Pet Pure™ HEPA Filter, UVC Sanitizer and Odor Reduction.
Here are my top 5 reasons why I love my GermGuardian Air Purifier!
- Ensure your family is breathing clean air. My family and I have been on a whole health journey now for a couple of years, taking time to address our diets, swap personal care and cleaning products for cleaner versions, and trying our best to avoid unnecessary toxins in our environment. So, looking into the quality of the air we breathe was a natural step in the process. Air purifiers quickly and quietly remove harmful airborne particles – including dust, dander, pollen, bacteria, etc. then circulate purified air back into the room, keeping your environment healthy.
- Remove unpleasant odors. Cooking? Creates odors. Pets? Creates odors. Wood burning fireplaces? Creates odors. Teenagers? Creates odors. In all seriousness, how many times have you cooked fajitas or a curry dish and the smell…. just… lingers…. Air purifiers, like the model I have from Guardian Technologies, not only cleans the air, but also reduces unpleasant odors left in the air from cooking, your pets, your fireplace, and even your kids, through a charcoal filter.
- Trap dander and control pet odor. We love our pets, but there is no denying it, they release dander, fur, and other airborne allergens – including the ones they bring back inside with them after spending time outdoors – into the air in your home. Air purifiers help keep these pet related allergens to a minimum by removing them from the air before they settle into furniture, carpets, etc.
- Trap dust and seasonal allergies. Let’s face it, there will always be dust and there will always be pollen. No matter how often we clean, dust always returns. My GermGuardian traps these allergens! The HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of allergens including pet dander, dust mites and pollen, letting us breathe easy. The Pet Pure™ is an antimicrobial agent added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the surface of the filter
- Prevent germs from spreading. This is a big plus for me, especially now that we are in cold/flu season! The GermGuardian features a UV-C light technology which works with Titanium Dioxide to significantly reduce airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores – up to 99%. So the next time your kiddos bring home the dreaded “crud” from school or your husband catches the man cold, you can rest a little easier knowing you have an air purifier that will help prevent the germs from circulating through the house!
So there you have it, my top 5 reasons why I love our GermGuardian Air Purifier and why you should highly consider looking into one for your own family.
I am happy to share a special 20% off the GermGuardian® AC5250PT, the same model I have! Just click HERE and enter ‘JESSEN’ at checkout.