This post is sponsored by DockATot but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
If you are a new parent or soon to be parent, chances are you have heard of the DockATot. If you haven’t then don’t worry, I’ll enlighten you! In a nutshell, the DockATot is a multi-functional lounging, playing, chilling, resting and snuggling dock you can take anywhere. They are offered in two sizes, the Deluxe for ages 0-8 months and the Grand for ages 9-36 months.
Before Everly was born, I had heard great things about the brand and how well babies were sleeping in it. So I went ahead and got the Deluxe size DockATot in preparation for having another horrible sleeper…. I wanted to have options! She initially slept in a rock and play due to reflux, but once we had that figured out, she started sleeping in the DockATot and slept like a total dream…. anywhere… and everywhere.
We loved the Deluxe, it was great thing to have as we moved into my parents house when she was still a newborn (in between houses of our own). I would tote it around and she could catch a nap without me worrying about her falling off the couch or bed, do supervised tummy time, or just relax and play. I also traveled a lot and this was AMAZING, she slept just like she did at home, wherever we were. I did transition her out of it for sleeping at night when she started rolling over.
After such a great experience with the Deluxe size (hello, total fan) I still debated on the Grand size. I’m going to tell you flat out, it’s a luxury. But as a parent, so is sleep and so is quiet! Regardless, both my 4yr and my 1yr love the Grand!
I get asked all the time if it’s worth it and “how do you use it?” Check out our favorite ways to use the Grand below.
5 Ways To Use The DockATot Grand
- Lounger – sounds silly, but it’s the cutest darn thing. The girls love when I bring it out to the living room. My youngest grabs toys, books, anything, climbs in and will quietly play on her own. I love that it encourages quiet, independent play/reading and they love that it’s their very own special “reading bed”. Also, bonus point for being mobile…I can bring it around the house as needed. So whether I need them to be entertained where I can see them in my bedroom or in the living room, I can just easily move it around.
- Sleep – You may laugh at me, but currently the Dockatot is in a child’s tent in my bedroom – why? I had set the tent up because it is a fun activity to keep the kids occupied when I get ready. Then, I put the DockATot in there and suddenly it became the cool place to hang out. What does this have to do with sleep? My 4yr had been having issues waking up, nightmares, sleep troubles, etc. so, since the DockATot is already in my room, she happily sleeps in it in the tent or at my bedside. (scroll down for a cell phone pic from the other night, lol.)
- Transitioning – I didn’t have the Grand when G transitioned out of her crib and into a big girl bed, but I have heard rave reviews on making the transition go much smoother with it. I’ll be trying it out with Ev when the time comes!
- Travel – Again, another great item to travel with. It’s large, but depending on the age of your kiddo, you don’t have to mess with an air mattress or pack and play.
- Movie Night – We love watching movies, and I love making it a special event. We could sit on the couch, but that’s boring. Our special movie night tradition is getting into comfies, getting a bunch of pillows and blankets and making a big bed on the floor. The addition of the DockATot to our movie night setup is perfect! My 4yr calls dibs before we even get out the snacks. She has the best seat in the house.
Like I said, it’s definitely a fun/luxury item, but we are big fans of both sizes since I am a fan of sleep. You can get the Deluxe DockATot here or here and the Grand size here or here . The Pineapple print cover is here .